MBA 6601, International Business
Scholarly Activity 1 – Unit II
Complete your assigned readings before you complete the assignment.
Prepare a paper (700 to 1,050 words) incorporating answers to the questions below. It is important to address each of the questions presented. CSU requires that students use the APA format in writing course papers; therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed. The Reference List is not included in the required paper length. Your paper must contain at least five references, which may include your course textbook, internet sources, books, and professional journals or other appropriate resources. Please do not copy or plagiarize others materials. All papers are electronically scanned by SafeAssign. Significant deduction of points may result when copying and plagiarism is evident.
Research and choose one international corporation to discuss. You may use the Fortune Global 500 to help you choose a corporation (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2009/). The corporation you choose may be headquartered in either the United States or a foreign country. You should incorporate concepts from your reading assignment into your answers.
- Provide a company overview, and identify the countries in which the corporation operates.
- Identify the types of market systems and types of legal systems that exist in the countries where the corporation operates. What effect do these have on the company’s operations?
- Discuss the possible sources of political risk for: (a) the countries in which the company has a presence and (b) the basic nature of their products and operations. If you were a political consultant for the company, how would you suggest the company approach its political risk given trends in international political systems?
- Identify the stakeholders the company must satisfy. Why is this process more difficult for companies operating internationally?
- Summarize the company’s code of conduct. State the reasons why it is in the company’s best interest to follow its code of conduct when operating in foreign countries.
- Does the company have any social programs in the country/countries where it operates? If so, briefly describe one.
- What are the indicators the company might monitor to guide their investment and actions in the future?
CSU requires that students use the APA format in writing papers. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed. A document titled “CSU APA Guidelines Summary” is available for you to download from the Writing Resources Link, found in the Student Resources area of the MyCSU Student Portal. This document provides links to several internet sites that provide comprehensive information on APA formatting, including examples and sample papers.
CSU Grading Rubric for Papers/Projects
Your assignment will be graded based on the CSU Grading Rubric for all types of papers. In addition, all papers will be submitted for electronic evaluation to rule out plagiarism. Course papers will contain specific grading criteria specified in the paper directions. To view the rubric, click the link below.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER