https://tasks.wgu.edu/student/001476826/course/9340002/task/1168/overview 1/91: PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY PROFESSIONAL ROLES AND VALUES — C304
740.1.4 : Professional AccountabilityThe graduate analyzes the responsibilities and accountability of the professional nurse.
740.1.5 : Self Advocacy of the NurseThe graduate integrates strategies of self-awareness and self-care into professional practice to ensure personal health and well¬being.
740.1.7 : Roles of the NurseThe graduate analyzes the roles of the nurse as a scientist, a detective, and a manager of the healing environment.
740.1.10 : The Nursing ProfessionThe graduate applies historical and contemporary nursing theories and models to define their professionalnursing practice.
740.1.13 : The Professional NurseThe graduate integrates knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession into personal and professional interactions and ethical decision making.
740.1.15 : Healthcare Work EnvironmentThe graduate evaluates how the vision, values, mission, and philosophy of an organization align with an individual’s professional values, beliefs, and approaches to inter-professional collegiality.
INTRODUCTIONThe purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.TASK OVERVIEW SUBMISSIONS EVALUATION REPORT
https://tasks.wgu.edu/student/001476826/course/9340002/task/1168/overview 2/9A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
B. Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
2. Describe how the contributions of the two historical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
a. Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
1. Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
a. Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
E. Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its impact on your professional practice.
1. Discuss the scope of practice for a RN in your state.
2. Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
F. Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:• a scientist• a detective• a manager of the healing environment
G. Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see web link below).
1. Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
2. Describe a nursing error that may occur in a clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, orsimulation).
a. Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in partG2.
H. Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing.
1. Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as eachof the following:• a leader at the bedside• within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
2. Identify how your work environment impacts the following:• nursing leadership• decision making• professional development
9/27/21, 6:21 PM WGU Performance Assessmenthttps://tasks.wgu.edu/student/001476826/course/9340002/task/1168/overview 3/9I. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted,paraphrased, or summarized.J. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.File RestrictionsFile name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( ) File size limit: 200 MB File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg,wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7zRUBRICA: NURSING THEORYA1: EXCELLENT NURSING PRACTICESA2: PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE NURSING THEORYNOT EVIDENTA nursing theory that has influ-enced the candidate’s valuesand goals is not identified.APPROACHINGCOMPETENCEThe nursing theory is identified,but it is not relevant to thecandidate’s values and goals.COMPETENTA nursing theory that has influ-enced the candidate’s values andgoals is identified.NOT EVIDENTAn explanation of how nursesapply the selected theory in partA to plan excellent nursing prac-tices is not provided.APPROACHINGCOMPETENCEThe explanation of how nursesapply the selected theory in partA to plan excellent nursing prac-tices is illogical.COMPETENTThe explanation of how nursesapply the selected theory in partA to plan excellent nursing prac-tices is logical.NOT EVIDENTA discussion of how the theoryfrom part A fits the candidate’sprofessional practice is notprovided.APPROACHINGCOMPETENCEThe discussion of how the the-ory from part A fits thecandidate’s professional prac-tice is irrelevant, or it inaccu-rately addresses the identifiedtheory.COMPETENTThe discussion of how the theoryfrom part A fits the candidate’sprofessional practice is relevant,and it accurately addresses theidentified theory.
Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER