Faculty of Design, Media &
Assignment Brief 2021-22
|Module Title:||Introduction to Business studies||Module Code:||FY021|
|Assignment No/Title:||Coursework 1 and 2 – Portfolio||Assessment
|Submission Date:|| CW 1 (Task 1 & 2) – 11 March
2022 01:59PM UK Time
CW 2 (Task 3 & 4) – 29 April 2022
01:59PM UK Time
|3 weeks after
|Dr John Davies / Muhammad Bhuiyan|
|This assignment is to be submitted electronically using Blackboard
The assignment consists of CW 1 and CW 2, and contains different
due dates for each of these assessments
|1. This assignment must be submitted electronically by 2pm on the submission date
2. To submit electronically you must upload your work to the e-submission area within the Blackboard module
concerned. Click Submit> Browse (find the correct file to upload) Upload> Submit
3. You can resubmit your work as many times as you like until the deadline. If you choose to resubmit, your
earlier submission will be replaced, and you will NOT receive an Originality Report until 24 hours from
when the submission was made.
4. You will receive a digital receipt as proof of submission. This will be sent to your Bucks e-mail address;
please keep this for reference.
5. You are reminded of the University’s regulations on cheating and plagiarism. In submitting your assignment
you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these regulations.
6. Late submission within 10 working days of the deadline will result in the mark being capped at a maximum
of 40%. Beyond this time the work will not be marked.
7. You are reminded that it is your responsibility to keep an electronic copy of your assignment for
|Instructions to Students:|
|There are 4 elements to this assignment which are all detailed in the assignment task below. There will be
opportunities within the module to get feedback on each element, before you need to submit them. Please
check the module scheme which will detail when each task needs to be done, so that feedback can be given.
All 4 elements then need to be submitted formally on the date above.
|This assignment tests the following Learning Outcomes for the module:|
|1. Describe the role of HR, Marketing and finance functions within organisations
2. Develop an understanding of collaborative working practices
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the main factors, both internal and external, which impact
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the role of financial management and reporting within the organisation
|The Assignment Task:|
|This assignment is a Portfolio assignment where you will work on 4 pieces of work throughout the module and
then submit all 4 elements at the submission date. The assessments will include:-
A 15 minute group Presentation. This will relate to the internal and external factors which impact on
business (Learning outcomes 2 and 3)
A poster. This will relate to one part of the Marketing Mix, either Promotion, Price, Place or Product.
This is an individual element. (Learning outcome 1)
A Case study – 1000 words. This will be based on either an aspect relating to HR such as motivation
or Culture or relating to financial management and is again to be completed individually. (Learning
outcome 1 and possibly 4)
A report – 1000 words – which will be based on either HR or financial management, whichever was not
addressed in the case study. This is an individual piece of work. (Learning outcome 1 and possibly 4)
(Specific details on these activities will be provided by each module team and should be linked to the relevant
Learning Outcomes. These can be added as an addendum to the assignment brief)
These will be completed throughout the module, and although a mark will not be awarded until the end of the
module, detailed formative feedback will be provided together with the opportunity for the student to resubmit
work until the final deadline providing formative developmental opportunities. Please see the module scheme
for details of when formative feedback opportunities will be provided.
|See separate assessment criteria|
Quality Assurance Record
Internal Approval: External Approval:
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER